Technician Molecular and Cell Biology (f/m)
Technician – Molecular and Cell Biology
About X4 Pharmaceuticals
Our commitment is to find solutions for patients. Every day, we strive to advance our pipeline of innovative medicines to treat rare diseases. Our first-in-class, oral, small molecule therapeutics are antagonists of chemokine receptor CXCR4, which have the potential to treat a broad range of rare diseases, including primary immunodeficiencies (PIs) and cancer.
X4 Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded and is led by a team with deep product development and commercialization expertise, including several former members of the Genzyme leadership team and has its headquarter located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
X4’s research and development facility in Vienna, Austria, X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH is located on Campus Vienna Biocenter (Helmut-Qualtinger-Gasse 2, 1030 Vienna) and is run by a team of highly motivated scientists and technicians who are dedicated to build a Center of Research Excellence in the field of small molecule therapeutics. X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH is currently offering a full-time employment contract for a Technician – Molecular and Cell Biology.
Summary of the position:
The Technician – Molecular and Cell Biology will participate in developing in vitro models of primary immune deficiencies and rare cancers, with a focus on genotype-phenotype correlation.
Main duties will mainly include:
- Mammalian cell culture
- Routine molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning)
- Flow cytometry, ELISA, WB
- Cell based assays (chemotaxis, Ca2+ flux)
- General lab support
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree (or equivalent) with strong wet-lab experience
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture, transfections, cell based ELISA, Flow cytometry and WB
- Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed
- High accuracy, reliability, precision under time pressure
- Organizational skills and flexible mind-set
- Previous work with GPCRs (preferred but not required)
- Experience with protein-protein interaction studies (preferred but not required)
We are offering:
- A strong, dedicated and multinational team of scientists and technicians
- An open, transparent and collegial working environment
- Opportunities for your personal development and to play a key role in a growing international research center
In accordance with Austrian employment law, the minimum monthly gross salary for the position is EUR 2.676,83 which we are willing to adjust according to your qualifications, skills and expertise.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org