(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f)
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f)
Interested in an exciting challenge coupled with innovation, passion for Data Science and a responsibility that will bring real benefits to human and animal health? Here it is!
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. We are building up a new team, which is responsible for developing data-driven solutions together with all business units and IT of Boehringer Ingelheim. The goal is to work in international, cross-functional teams with domain experts to explore and harness the potential of Data Science for our business.
As a (Senior) Data Scientist, you are responsible to enable the business to leverage large sets of data. This includes designing, developing and delivering data models and products from a multitude of data sources using leading-edge technologies such as Machine Learning to produce innovative solutions that help Boehringer Ingelheim to turn data into business value.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guide the organization about the business potential and strategy of Data Science/Machine Learning
- Identify data-driven and customer-focused business opportunities and collaborate across the business units to understand data, IT and business constraints
- Understand new and emerging data sources and process pipelines, acquire access to various source systems
- Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques, generate hypotheses about the underlying mechanics of the business process together with domain experts and test those hypotheses using various quantitative methods
- Identify, evaluate and implement the most appropriate algorithm for the specific challenge
As Senior Data Scientist, you furthermore have the following tasks & responsibilities:
- You take over the responsibility for designing, creating and deploying data and modeling pipelines as well as integrating model performance management tools
- As Senior Data Scientist you influence the direction, productivity and achievement of our objectives and give guidance to more junior colleagues
- Act as a liaison between your team and the business
- At least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- Several years of relevant work experience in planning and executing Data Science projects
- Experience with developing predictive and prescriptive algorithms and optimization techniques as well as a profound understanding of the mathematical concepts of these algorithms
- Extensive development experience with Python
- Experience with setting-up, administrating and querying SQL and NoSQL as well as with the Hadoop stack
- Hands-on experience in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows, query performance tuning as well as developing task specific data models
- Candidates with specialization and experience with life science data are preferred
Additional requirements for Senior Data Scientists:
- Ability to strategize and proactively develop innovative concepts and ideas
- Ability to foster an open-minded, fail and learn culture as well as to drive activities with minimal guidance
- Position specific training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.
Job - Information Technology
Primary Location - Europe-AT-Vienna-Vienna
Organization - AT-Boehringer Ingelheim Regional Center Vienna GmbH & Co KG (Austria)
Schedule - Full-time