Scientist for Rational Evolution of Proteins (m/f)
EFB (ERBER Future Business) is an innovative, international biotechnology company and innovation hub for the development of new projects that are in the strategic focus of ERBER Group. EFB realizes projects from the first laboratory test to the marketable product. EFB is part of ERBER Group.
Our Enzyme Business is growing. Thus, we are expanding our Research Team on site in Dortmund, Germany. You would like to become part of our team? Then apply for our open position as
SCIENTIST FOR RATIONAL EVOLUTION OF PROTEINS (M/F)
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Support of several exciting projects within EFB and BIOMIN (e.g. enzyme projects)
- Analyze different protein structures and give recommendations for protein engineering
- Design and identify hotspots for the improvement of enzymes regarding different parameters (e.g. stability, activity, pH-Shift, etc.)
- Carry out molecular dynamic simulations and binding mode analysis
- Cooperate close with our science teams in Germany and Austria
TO LEAVE REAL 'FOODPRINTS' WITH US YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- A graduate (preferably PhD) scientist with project management experience
- Experience in Protein science and bioinformatics approaches, molecular Modelling/Docking and their visualization
- Knowhow of structure-function relationship and relevant software tools (e.g. Yasara, Fresco, Caster, Rosetta, FoldX or similar programs) as well as homology Modeling (e.g. SWISS MODEL or similar applications)
- Multiple sequence alignments: tools and methods
- Team spirit and passionate to drive success
OUR CULTURE: PIONEERS, PARTNERS AND PERFORMERS – THIS MEANS FOR YOU:
- You work in world class laboratories with state of the art equipment on key topics of the global feed and food chain. As part of our young and ambitious scientific team you work with the best in their class to develop marketable solutions. Our company is constantly growing. This creates a lot of space for working on innovative ideas and opportunity for personal growth and development. Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
WHAT ELSE TO KNOW?
- Reference Number: 182
- You will be based at Dortmund (Germany)
- Your type of employment: Full-time (40 hours/week) permanent contract
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
You have questions? Please contact: Ms Melanie ZORN, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.erber-group.com