PostDoc RNA Virology
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
PostDoc RNA Virology (f/m/diverse)
– 2 years contract
We are seeking a recently graduated, highly motivated and creative PostDoc to join our Cancer Immunology and Immune Modulation Department at BI’s oncolytic virus research site ViraTherapeutics GmbH in Innsbruck. The focus of the position will be research on novel oncolytic virus based cancer therapeutics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop compelling concepts to modify key features of RNA virus biology and innate immune responses of the host
- Perform molecular engineering of RNA viruses for application in cancer immunotherapy, characterization of recombinant viruses including propagation and purification as well as cell line engineering, including project planning, data analysis, evaluation and documentation according to industry standards
- Development of cell-based assays to validate oncolytic concepts
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners from academia and industry, including presentation of project work at internal conferences
- Recently finished PhD in Life Sciences with an excellent background in molecular virology of single stranded RNA viruses and a specific interest in virus/host-cell interactions and innate immunity
- Profound knowledge in RNA virus reverse genetic approaches is required. Hands on experience in cell-based immuno-assays (T-cell activation/killing assay e.g.) is a strong plus.
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by first author peer-reviewed publications
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both spoken and written; German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German)
- You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer therapy. We offer a responsible position with multifaceted and exciting tasks in an engaged scientific team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
- For this position, we offer a competitive salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. The contract is limited to 2 years with the opportunity for extension.
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50.000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Dr. Tobias Nolden, Exlgasse 20a, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria, www.viratherapeutics.com
We look forward to receiving your application via our applihttps://tas-boehringer.taleo.net/careersection/global+template+career+section+28external29/jobdetail.ftl?job=196807&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00cation portal.
Please upload your electronic application (in English) in a single PDF file including CV and a complete list of publications, statement of research interests, and at least two reference letters.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.
Job - Research & Development
Primary Location - Europe-AT-Tirol-Innsbruck
Organization - AT-Vira Therapeutics GmbH
Schedule - Full-time