Medical Scientific Liason (m/f/d)
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Medical Scientific Liason West-Austria (m/f/d)
The Medical Advisor (m/f/d) is a field-based professional with scientific expertise. In this position, you are primarily responsible for Boehringer Ingelheim’s highly innovative and state-of-the-art products in the therapeutic areas of cardio-metabolic diseases / heart failure. The MSL demonstrates value by generating insights, by strategically collaborating with internal and external stakeholders primarily in West-Austria (Vorarlberg, Tyrol, Salzburg, Eastern-Tyrol and parts of Upper Austria).
The position is a fixed-term employment until the end of 2022 - an extension is possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as primary medical contact and develop effective relationships with external experts
- Provide medical expertise to both Medicine and Marketing in the therapeutic area of cardio-metabolic diseases / heart failure
- Coordinate, overview and monitor the effectiveness of local medical activities in this disease area
- Ensure compliance with local legal regulations and internal Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure scientific product information to customers in regular intervals by face-to-face-contacts and through digital channels
- Perform product trainings for field force
- University degree (preferably MD, or degree in pharmacy or biological sciences)
- Strong knowledge of international regulations/guidelines concerning drug development, pharmacovigilance and sale of human drugs and devices
- Strong business mindset and thorough knowledge of Marketing and external customer needs
- Ability to understand both business and medical needs to create climate of effective Medico/Marketing partnership
- Superior organizational, analytical, decision making skills with strategic capabilities
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel on regular base
- Fluency in German and English
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Matthäus Vogel.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.