Drug Safety Physician (m/f/d)
Octapharma specializes in the development of highly pure pharmaceuticals made of human blood plasma. As part of a family-owned enterprise, Octapharma in Vienna is not only the largest production site, but also a successful research location of the Octapharma Group. Since our company continues to grow, we are now hiring for our team a
Drug Safety Physician (m/f/d)
Your new challenges which will inspire you:
- Responsible for the medical evaluation of cases from spontaneous reports as well as clinical trials and post marketing surveillance source to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and internal SOPs
- Determine seriousness, listedness and causality of single case reports
- Timely initiation and support of safety related analyses
- Provide medical input to PBRERs/PSURs and safety analyses
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of Risk Management Plans and Risk Minimization Activities as required
- Contribute to/lead signal management (detection and evaluation) activities for specified products
- Contribute to the production and amendment of safety information, including product labelling for specified products
Your profile that will convince us:
- Medical Doctor degree with 3 years of clinical experience and at least 1 year of pharmacovigilance experience
- Knowledge of drug safety terminology, ability to interpret data from a variety of sources
- Very good verbal and written English
- Good level of computer skills (MS Word and MS Excel)
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Flexibility, time management as well as ability to work independently
Our attractive benefits for you:
- Wide range of tasks in an international setting, flexibility and personal responsibility
- Reliable employer with generous employee benefits and a salary customary in the market.
- Familiar setting of a family-owned enterprise with benefits such as Do & Co staff restaurant,
- extraordinary staff events and many more:
The minimum gross wage according to the collective agreement (chemical industry) for your new job is EUR 3.270,89. We strive to adapt your salary to your range of tasks and to your profile, which is why we are ready to pay wages higher than collectively agreed.
We are looking forward to new, committed employees who join forces with us to promote our strong growth in order to keep enabling our patients to live a better life - because it is in our blood! Is it in your blood too? We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online career portal.
Mag. (FH) Charlotte Ponzer Octapharma Pharmazeutika Produktionsges.m.b.H.
Oberlaaer Straße 235, 1100 Wien,
T: +43 (1) 610 32 – 1301
As a family-owned company, Octapharma believes in investing to make a difference in people’s lives and has been doing so since 1983; because it’s in our blood. Our company values are Ownership, Integrity, Leadership, Sustainability and Entrepreneurship.In 2018, the Group achieved €1.8 billion in revenue, an operating income of €346 million and invested €204 million to ensure future prosperity. Octapharma employs more than 8,300 people worldwide, 1,200 of them in Vienna, to support the treatment of patients in 115 countries with products across three therapeutic areas:
- Haematology (coagulation disorders),
- Immunotherapy (immune disorders) and
- Critical Care.
Octapharma owns six state-of-the-art Production facilities in Austria, France, Germany, Mexico and Sweden.