Data Scientist (m/f)
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Data Scientist (m/f)
As Data Scientist, you are responsible to enable the business to leverage large sets of data and data analytics. This includes designing, developing and delivering data models and products from a multitude of data sources using leading-edge technologies such as machine learning to produce innovative solutions that help BI extract valuable business insights and analyze trends to make better decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guide the organization about the business potential and strategy of artificial intelligence (AI)/data science, identify data-driven/Machine Learning business opportunities
- Collaborate across the business to understand IT and business constraints, lead agile approach to initiatives and launches
- Understand new and emerging data sources and process pipelines, acquire access to various databases and other source systems such as SQL or graph databases
- Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to various data, generate hypotheses about the underlying mechanics of the business process together with domain experts and test those hypotheses using various quantitative methods
- Collaborate across IT to evaluate and implement ML and other data solution deployment options, integrate model performance management tools into the current business infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics or a related quantitative field
- 3 years of relevant work experience in data science/data engineering
- Experience in setting-up, administrating and querying SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Neo4j, CouchDB, etc.)
- Professional development experience with programming languages in any of Java, Python, Scala, experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Sound knowledge in scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, Bash
- English working proficiency and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Position specific training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
Job - Information Technology
Primary Location - Europe-AT-Vienna-Vienna
Organization - AT-Boehringer Ingelheim Regional Center Vienna GmbH & Co KG (Austria)
Schedule - Full-time