Research Laboratory Head - Cancer Research/Biomarkers and Translational Research (m/f)
|Research Laboratory Head - Cancer Research/Biomarkers and Translational Research (m/f)
Boehringer Ingelheim RCV Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim’s dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 200 scientists and technicians, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural research, high-throughput screening and discovery ADME, drive our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. In the Department of Pharmacology we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented scientist (m/f) to serve as a Research Laboratory Head in the Biomarker and Translational Research Group in Oncology. The Biomarker and Translational Research Group contributes to the identification and validation of patient selection biomarkers as well as pharmacodynamic biomarkers in alignment with the respective project teams in research, preclinical and clinical development. Moreover the group is heavily involved in the characterization of the mode of action of novel cancer cell directed and immune-oncology drugs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Profile drug candidates to identify predictive and pharmacodynamics biomarkers to support development of cancer cell directed and immunotherapies
- Coordinate effectively with other research teams and disciplines across the global Discovery Research Organization
- Lead a molecular biology lab that performs molecular/genomic/cellular characterization of disease relevant models and human samples to understand the target-disease link
- Establishment of PD assays to support preclinical PK/PD studies in collaboration with discovery ADME and DMPK
- Contribute to the profiling, validation and initial application of biomarkers in clinical studies
- Establish and manage external collaborations with academic partners and CROs, including evaluation of new technologies
- Assumes responsibility for direct reports as needed including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 47,207.30 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD or MD, with postdoctoral training and research experience in the fields of tumor biology, cancer immunotherapy, molecular biology or genetics
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, troubleshoot, present work and to show team leadership
- Good organization and communication skills
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: Europe-Austria-Vienna-Vienna
Organization: AT-Boehringer Ingelheim Regional Center Vienna GmbH & Co KG (Austria)