Principal Scientist – Oncology PK/PD Modelling (m/f)
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Oncology PK/PD Modelling (m/f)
As a family owned company with a long term commitment to improve human health we create Value through Innovation for our Customers and are powered by our people. We are excited for the discovery of ground-breaking novel cancer treatments and believe that an organizational and individual desire for breakthrough discoveries is the key to identifying innovative First-in-Class medicine. To advance science we like to take ownership for decisions and actions, to make agile contributions with an open mind and come up with innovative ideas.
If you want join our breakthrough culture to build a successful career in mathematical and statistical modelling, and make a real difference to cancer patients and patient families worldwide, this is the right opportunity. The Discovery ADME Department within RCV is searching for a recognised expert to lead PK/PD modelling for oncology research in Vienna.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership for the Department and with the colleagues globally in creating cutting edge data acquisition, analytics, and reporting from pre-Lead Optimisation to clinical Proof of Concept, by combining diverse relevant data from public and in-house sources
- Establish direction and objectives to maintain scientific leadership in data analysis and PK/PD modelling
- Construct, validate and apply compelling preclinical and translational evidence by statistical analysis and PK and PK/PD modelling to enable robust decision making for oncology research projects at different stages
- Validating novel targets by data analysis, designing and prioritizing preclinical (in vitro and in vivo) and translational experiments for finding the right combination treatment options and selecting appropriate clinical dosage and scheduling
- Build strong expertise in predictive modelling relevant to PK/PD and pharmacometrics and supervise junior modeler
- Foster organizational learning by linking into the internal network and translate Research knowledge to the clinics
- Build and maintain external contacts and collaborations to enable access to the best talents and cutting-edge methodologies, and deliver to BI project work
- Publish scientific work to contribute to global innovation
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 47,207.30 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- University training in applied mathematics and statistics or PhD in modelling different biological systems, e.g. Systems Biology, Quantitative Systems Pharmacology, Pharmacometrics
- At least 4 years of experience
- Programming experience in languages such as e.g. R, MATLAB, NONMEM, SAS, Python, Mathematica
- Experience in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics modelling: both empirical and mechanistic modelling, optimization and population-based approaches
- Previous drug discovery and development work experience in areas of oncology, immunology, pharmacology or physiology
- Evidence of generating compelling evidence by making the right forecast from past work experience
- Excellent team work and communication skills to drive cross-functional collaboration and team success with various disciplines (e.g. screening, target validation, biomarker, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, computational chemistry, statistics, and pharmacometrics)
- Inquisitive and curious of new data and ideas, and the perseverance in testing them out to find clear new paths to success quickly
- Excellent presentational skills (English as a working language, basic German an advantage)
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: Europe-Austria-Vienna-Vienna
Organization: AT-Boehringer Ingelheim Regional Center Vienna GmbH & Co KG (Austria)